Hake en Papillote with Tomatoes & Herbs
This is a quick, healthy, easy, and delicious meal!
- 2 pieces of parchment paper- 12″ x 16″
- 3/4 – 1lb. hake fillet (thick end)
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 t minced garlic
- 4 t shallots finely chopped
- splash of dry white wine
- a couple handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 cup diced fresh local tomatoes (if available, otherwise use the next best thing)
- 4 t sun-dried or oven-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 t chopped, fresh thyme – save a couple sprigs for garnish
- 6 t finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 6 t finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375º
In a mixing bowl combine 1 T olive oil, the tomatoes, garlic, shallots, and herbs. Fold the parchment papers in half and open them up. Place the spinach on the right half of the paper and sprinkle with 1/2 T oil and juice of the 1/2 lemon on each. Place hake fillet on top of spinach and coat with the tomato herb mixture, add a splash of wine, season with salt & pepper and place a thyme sprig on top. Now fold the parchment in half, making 2″- 3″ folds while forming a half circle and pressing firmly with your thumb to form a seal all around. Place on a baking sheet or broiling pan and pop it in the pre-heated oven for 14 minutes.
Best served in the pouch or transfer fish to a plate.